Providers >Waiver Provider Enrollment
*All APD Provider Enrollment documents may be found in the document portion of the website HERE
Pursuant to the iBudget Waiver program, authorized under 1915 (c) of the Social Security Act, APD will operate two open enrollment periods each year for provider applicants of services furnished under the iBudget waiver. Effective immediately, Regional offices will accept provider applications during the following time periods:
- April 1 through May 31
- August 1 through September 30
APD Regional offices will offer enrollment outside the enrollment periods above when a critical need exists for a specific provider type by identifying critical service needs on the APD Provider Enrollment website. Please check Regional website for more information at: http://apdcares.org/region/
Steps for Applying as an APD iBudget Waiver Provider
- 1. Applicants who do not currently have an “APD General” line item eligibility determination in the AHCA Background Screening Clearinghouse will submit an APD Letter of Intent to their APD regional “intent” email inboxes. Click here for the Letter of Intent and e-mail instructions.
- The applicant will register in the Background Screening Clearinghouse portal at this link after 5-10 business days have passed following submission of the Letter of Intent.
- After properly registering in the Clearinghouse, applicants will then follow the instructions to arrange for fingerprinting from an eligible Clearinghouse-authorized Livescan Vendor. Please click here for more information on Background Screening.
- After the applicant has all of the proper Background screenings completed, they may complete the APD iBudget provider enrollment application that pertains to them. The application(s) may be found on the document page of the website. Note: there are checklists for required documents that aid in the application process on the document page
- The applicant shall submit the completed application, along with background screening results to your regional provider enrollment specialist. Note: APD will not accept an application that is incomplete or does not have the appropriate Background Screening results printout included in the packet.
- If APD determines that the applicant is eligible to render waiver services, APD will issue the provider applicants a draft version of the iBudget Provider Service Listing Letter.
- Upon receipt of the draft iBudget Provider Service Listing Letter, the provider must complete the Medicaid Provider Application in the Provider Enrollment Wizard. Please visit the AHCA Website to access the enrollment portal. At that time, applicants will need to upload the draft version of the iBudget Provider Service Listing Letter as documentation to Medicaid that APD has determined the applicant eligible to be a waiver provider.
- After reviewing your Medicaid application, required documents, and Medicaid background screening results, Medicaid will issue a determination. If approved, Medicaid will then issue the applicant a Medicaid Welcome Letter, which will include a Medicaid Provider ID number.
- Applicants will provide a copy of their Medicaid Welcome Letter to their Regional Provider Enrollment Specialist.
- To finalize the waiver enrollment process, applicants will need to sign a Medicaid Waiver Services Agreement (MWSA) with APD.
- Providers may render services through the APD iBudget Waiver once they receive their Service Authorizations from Waiver Support Coordinators.
Links with relevant information for provider enrollment:
- Developmental Disabilities Handbook : The Agency for Persons with Disabilities’ Rule Handbook, also known as the iBudget Waiver Handbook.
- iBudget Waiver Handbook FAQ
- iBudget Waiver Handbook FAQ #2
- Medicaid Provider General Handbook: In addition to the iBudget Waiver Handbook, providers are also subject to the requirements set forth in the Medicaid Provider General Handbook.
- https://portal.flmmis.com/: Website to enroll as a Medicaid provider.
- www.sunbiz.org: All applicants who are operating business under a fictitious name or corporation must be registered with SunBiz.