Regional Offices > Southern Region
Southern Region Manager
|Southern Region/Area 11 Office Address:||401 NW 2nd Avenue
Suite South 811
Miami, FL 33128
|Main Phone Number:||(305) 349-1478|
|Main Fax Number:||(305) 377-5028|
|Counties Served:||Dade and Monroe|
Significant Additional Needs
Waiver Support Coordinators wishing to request additional funding for waiver services on behalf of APD waiver enrollees in the Southern Region may e-mail such requests (along with any supporting documentation) to the following address:
For the Southern Region, please direct any questions about the Significant Additional Needs request process to the following staff members:
Hillary Jackson - (305) 808-6251
Roland Vializ - (305) 377-7127
Martine Saint-Aime - (305) 808-6282
Standard APD Regional Office E-mail Addresses
As you are aware, there are several workflow processes at APD such as submitting cost plans, support plans, significant additional needs, etc. Therefore, APD has created the following standard e-mail addresses you can use to send these types of information to APD. Please use these e-mail addresses to send encrypted confidential information to APD.
Also, keep in mind that you may still contact Regional staff members via telephone if you have questions, concerns, or issues which require immediate attention.
- For LRC
- As requested by Region and/or LRC Chairperson
- Reactive Strategies
- WSC caseload submittals
- Purchasing Plans
- Quick Updates
- Participant Information Update form
- Direct Hire Employee [ name change/address change ]
- All Other CDC related documents ( such as: background screening )
- Includes complaints made by or against APD Providers, Waiver Support Coordinators, or APD staff members
- Documentation for waitlist crisis enrollment
- Not for use in SFR submissions
- Intake and Eligibility applicant documentation for APD waitlist eligibility
- Competency evaluations
- Court Orders
- Placement Referral Packets [ ICF ]
- Initial report and follow up reports
- Death report
- Medication Error reports
- Corrective Action Plan
- Enrollment ( Solo or Agency Provider Checklist; Provider Application; Provider Reference Form; Background Screening Results – include Exemptions to a Disqualifying Offense; Employment History check; Local Criminal Records check; APD affidavit of Good Moral Character; Proof of Completion of Required Training; Copy of AHCA Medicaid Provider welcome letter; Applicant Signed Medicaid Waiver Services Agreement; Regional iBudget Enrollment Application – Waiver Support Coordinator (WSC ), or, Regional iBudget Provider Enrollment Application – non WSC )
- Updates to Provider Demographics ( change of address, phone and email changes )
- Provider Expansion Request Forms ( service array and/or expansion within region or additional regions )
- [ Not for Plan of Remediation ]
- Request for technical assistance related to remediation and/or QIO reviews
- Requested documentation for QSI Assessment
- Placement Referral Packets [ APD licensed homes ]
- ICF transitions into APD licensed home
- Licensed Home – census
- Room and Board Payment Requests
- Corrective Action Plan
- Significant Additional Needs – increase in funding ( be certain to include all supporting documentation )
- Employment information
- Disaster/Emergency plan
- Stipend/Start-Up request
- Annual or Updated support plan ( include all supporting documentation for services requested )
DSM secure email will no longer be accessible to APD after June 30, 2014.
Effective July 1, 2014 APD will implement the following email addresses mailboxes for use by Waiver Support Coordinators, providers, and others when sending client-related information to APD. This group of mailboxes replaces secure mailboxes previously used when providing APD staff with information on a broad range of topics intended for evaluation, review and action by APD staff.
APD’s IT office identifies acceptable encryption methods, as follows:
Microsoft Office applications (for example, Word and Excel)
This is the preferred method. If you already have Word and Excel version 2007 or higher, this option is already available at no cost. As long as all the confidential APD consumer information is contained within the encrypted document, it can be sent as an attachment to a regular, unencrypted e-mail. If you do this, please remember to not include any information about APD consumers in the body or subject line of the e-mail except the iBudget PIN number which is only known internally to APD staff and APD providers. Below are links to instructions on how to encrypt using Word and Excel.
Word 2013 encryption instructions:
Excel 2013 encryption instructions:
Encrypted web e-mail
Similar to the DSM web-based e-mail system, there are other free (e.g., SendInc) or paid (e.g., ZixMail) options to send secure, encrypted e-mails to APD. This method encrypts the entire e-mail, including any file attachments, but some still display the subject line so please remember to not include any information about APD consumers in the subject line. While this is an acceptable method of sending confidential consumer information to APD, this requires APD staff to create and maintain separate accounts (user names and passwords) for each different system.
There are several free and paid “ZIP” type applications (e.g., WinZip) available that can compress one or more files into one ZIP file, some but not all of which can also encrypt the file(s). These ZIP applications that can also encrypt will encrypt any type(s) of file(s) you ZIP. You can then send the encrypted ZIP file which contains the confidential APD consumer information in a regular, unencrypted e-mail to APD. If you do this, please remember to not include any information about APD consumers in the body or subject line of the e-mail except the iBudget PIN number which is only known internally to APD staff and APD providers.
NOTE: Some methods of encryption use a particular type (algorithm) by default. If you are given options, the best encryption type to select is AES 128-bit or higher. If AES is not available, the next best type is 3DES (also known as Triple DES). It is recommended you do not choose regular DES as it has been proven to be a weak encryption method.
Guidance on Setting Encryption Passwords
Whenever you encrypt a file, you must set a password needed to open the document. To make this process easier for you and APD staff, please use your Medicaid Provider Number as the password to encrypt. If you do not have a Medicaid Provider Number, please contact your local field office to let them know what password you will be using.
Area News & Announcements
- Please note the remaining 2014 Southern Region provider meeting dates.
- October 16, 2014
- November 20, 2014
- December 19, 2014
- Please note the upcoming 2015 provider meeting dates below for your calendar. All meetings will be held in the DA's conference room (North Tower-Suite 1011) and will begin at 9:30 a.m. Pre-registration to attend these meetings is not required. Meeting dates may be subject to change and we will notify you as soon as possible of such changes.
- January 15, 2015
- February 26, 2015
- March 26, 2015
- April 23, 2015
- May 28, 2015
- June 25, 2015
- July 23, 2015
- August 27, 2015
- September 24, 2015
- October 22, 2015
- November 19, 2015
- December 17, 2015
The Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD) is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Persons who desire accommodations should contact Area 11 ADA Liaison Evelyn Alvarez at Evelyn.Alvarez@apdcares.org , or (813) 233-4317. Please call at least 72 hours prior to the event to allow time to arrange your accommodation.
APD Resource Directory
- Resource Search
A searchable directory of local, state, and national resources and services.
- Planning Resources
This directory is a good starting point for finding a variety of natural and community supports, in addition to services provided by government agencies.
Area Suggestion Box
Submit your suggestions to APD for improving supports and services in your community
Area 11 Provider Meeting Minutes
- September 18, 2014
- August 21, 2014
- July 17, 2014
- June 19, 2014
- May 15, 2014
- April 30, 2014
- March 27, 2014
- February 27, 2014
- December 19, 2013
- November 21, 2013
- October 21, 2013
- September 23, 2013
- August 12, 2013
- July 22, 2013
- May 23, 2013
- January 24, 2013
- December 13, 2012
- October 18, 2012
- September 27, 2012
- July 19, 2012
- May 24, 2012
- April 19, 2012
- March 22, 2012
- March 1, 2012
- January 12, 2012
¡Se habla Español!
One of our valued community partners is:
CCDH, INC. - (305) 596 - 1160
Helene Good, Director