News & Information > News Releases
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
December 8, 2011
Melanie Mowry Etters
APD to Hold iBudget Meeting
TALLAHASSEE —Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD) will host an iBudget Florida public meeting on Friday, December 9, from 1- 4 p.m. in Tallahassee. The meeting will be held at the APD Central Office, 4030 Esplanade Way, in Conference Room 301.
The phone number to call in for the meeting is 1-888-808-6959, Code: 4146582. This number is listen only; however, public comment may be submitted through the ibudgetflorida.org website by clicking on Contact Us.
iBudget Florida was approved by the 2010 Legislature as the new direction for delivering services to people through APD's Medicaid waiver.
The primary topic of the meeting will be the way annual funding for services is determined for each customer.
iBudget Florida is designed to make the funding process fair and equitable for all Medicaid waiver customers. It will provide more opportunities for customers to direct their own care. The new system will also allow the agency to have more budget control and financial predictability.
Some of the customer benefits of iBudget are:
- Greater ability to choose services that matter to them, given their unique situations.
- Greater flexibility for customers to respond to changing needs.
- Reduced bureaucracy and "red tape."
- Support coordinators freed to focus on providing help that makes a real difference.
- Confidence that similarly situated customers are treated in a consistent and similar manner.
- Reduced likelihood of policy changes that cause significant disruption due to budget deficits.
- Security of a financially stable system that will be there to serve customers down the road.
- Greater control over their lives.
APD annually serves more than 50,000 Floridians with developmental disabilities of autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, intellectual disabilities, spina bifida, and Prader-Willi syndrome.
For more information on the agency, call 1-866-APD-CARES or visit APDcares.org.